Say I Do With Lou…
Signed Sealed & Delivered by Lou !
A Note from Louise
Congratulations on your Engagement and thankyou for taking the time to view my Website. I hope that you will find this information helpful when planning your most special day ~ your Wedding Day ~ a day that reflects your individuality while celebrating one of the most memorable days of your life.
To tell you a bit about my ceremonies, they are very welcoming, friendly and professional which will be reflected in the type of service that we prepare together giving “A Ceremony Created Just For You…..”. I will attend to all the legal documentation both before and after your Wedding and make sure that all legal requirements during your ceremony are met. Most importantly, it is your Wedding Day and I will conduct the type of service that you want and am happy to help you in any way I can and offer advice when needed.
I have available to all my couples a Ceremony Guide full of useful information to help you choose a style that suits you. It is important that on your Wedding Day your Ceremony is just perfect for you both and reflects your personalities, beliefs and wishes. You are very welcome to include your own vows, special poems/verses or you may simply like to choose these from my Guide. We can also add in anything else that may be important to you such as a special dedication or children’s gift ceremony, rose ceremony, tea ceremony or butterfly release.
Your special day can be formal, traditional, casual, or something in-between ~ the choice is yours. On a beach, by a lake, in your own home, on the Harbour or at a Function Centre, there are so many possibilities with a Civil Ceremony and my commitment to you is to provide a professional and friendly service. Quality and excellence are very important to me and I will endeavour to make your Ceremony one which you will always remember.
Choosing the right Celebrant is a very important decision, so please feel free to contact me either by email or phone if you would like to have a chat.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Before your Wedding you will need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage Form (NIM) at least one month prior to your Wedding (I would suggest earlier rather than later to secure your date and time). It can also be lodged with me up to 18 months in advance of the Wedding (a Booking Fee is required at this stage ~ the balance of your Fee is due approximately two weeks prior to your wedding date when you will also sign a declaration stating that there is no legal impediment to your marriage).
The documents you need to supply are:
- If born in Australia ~ your Original Birth Certificate (If you need a copy please contact Births Deaths and Marriages in the State that you were born).
- If born abroad ~ your Original Birth Certificate or Overseas Passport.
- If either of you have been previously married then your Original Divorce Decree papers or Death Certificate of a previous spouse. (If you need a copy of your Divorce Paper please contact the Family Law Court in the State you were Divorced).
- Any documents in a foreign language must be translated into English and a Translation Certificate supplied.
You are required to have two witnesses who are both over the age of 18 present to sign the Marriage Register and Certificates.
What Does The Celebrant Do?
- Complete and lodge all the legal paperwork with Births Deaths and Marriages.
- Help and advise you with your Ceremony.
- Solemnize your marriage according to Australian Law.
How Long Does a Ceremony Take?
A Civil Ceremony usually takes about 20 minutes depending on the type of ceremony you choose. It’s your special day and should be everything you want it to be.
Planning To Elope?
Manly couples are now choosing to ‘Elope’ wanting a more private and intimate ceremony with only their two witnesses, immediate family or closest friends – the focus being entirely on the Bride and Groom. If you are looking to celebrate on a budget but with style, something stress free and no fuss, yet meaningful and memorable, Louise will conduct a personalised ceremony at a time and location of your choice. To view some of Louise’s recommended Ceremony locations, please click here. All legal aspects of the ceremony and legal documents are fulfilled as per The Marriage Act 1961.
Simple Short & Sweet Style Weddings
If you are on a budget and looking to have the simplest of ceremonies, then is package is perfect for you.
If this idea sounds appealing, just yourselves and your two witnesses, please contact Louise for availability. All legal aspects of the ceremony and legal documents are fulfilled as per The Marriage Act 1961. Bookings Essential. (Northern Beaches locations only)
Request A Quote/Booking
Whether your ceremony is small and intimate or a grand affair, you can be assured of receiving a professional and friendly service.
Please contact me as soon as you have decided on your Ceremony date, time and location so I can confirm my availability and supply you with a quotation.
What Happens Next
- We will arrange to meet up for a chat about your plans.
- On acceptance of my services – Complete the Notice of Intended Marriage Form.
- One month before the Wedding – Please provide me with your ceremony selections.
- Two weeks before the Wedding – Sign remaining legal documentation and rehearse your ceremony.
- On the Wedding Day – I will conduct your Ceremony according to Australian Law.
- After you are married – I will register your marriage and forward all documentation to Births Deaths and Marriages.
Shortening Of Time
It is possible to shorten this minimum time if special circumstances set out in the regulations are met.
Firstly, you need to meet with me to fill out the Notice of Intended Marriage Form.
Secondly you will need to approach a prescribed authority for approval (your Local Court or Registry Officials) They are the only ones that can shorten the required period if they are satisfied that the circumstances prescribed in the regulations are met: These circumstances are:
1. Employment related or other travel commitments.
2. Wedding or celebration arrangements, or religious considerations.
3. Medical reasons
4. Legal proceedings.
5. Error in giving notice.
The reason for seeking a shortening of time must fall within one of these categories and it is up to the prescribed authority to approve the application ~ it is not an automatic process.
Letters for Immigration Purposes
If you require a Fiancé (Spouse) Visa Letter for Immigration purposes, I can supply this to you with NO ADDITIONAL FEE. This letter is written at the same time as the completion of the Notice of Intended Marriage Form.
Your Wedding can be anywhere you choose ~ at home, by the beach, at a restaurant, on the harbour or in the National Park. The options are limitless. I do however recommend you have a “Plan B” for outdoor weddings in case of bad weather.
Please be advised to check with the relevant Council for outdoor weddings with regard to permits, booking dates and fees to ensure you obtain the location of your choice. Please view my links page and Popular Locations page for local Northern Beaches Councils.
Elements of a Ceremony
- Entrance (Music can be played as you make your entrance)
- Welcome (To family and friends)
- Introduction (Sharing how you met or your journey so far as a couple or family)
- Reading (1st) (For a good balance to the ceremony two readings are recommended)
- Monitum (The legal part of the Ceremony which must be said by the Celebrant)
- Giving the Bride Away (You don’t have to be given away if you don’t want to)
- Asking (I will ask if you are willing to take one another as husband and wife)
- Vows (The marriage commitment )
- Exchange of Rings (There is no legal requirement to exchange rings – it’s your choice)
- Other Symbol (optional) (Such as Candle Ceremony, Blending of Sands, Rose Ceremony)
- Reading (2nd)
- Declaration and Kiss (Declaration of marriage)
- Signing of the Marriage Register & Certificates (Some more music is best played here while you sign the legal paperwork)
- Presentation of Newlyweds (This can include a blessing, reading, words of congratulations, or even a Butterfly Release or Dove Release. You will be presented with your Marriage Certificate and announced as Husband and Wife for the very first time).
Wedding Day Tips
- A little Vaseline or soap inside the rings help them slide on easily.
- Take things slowly – don’t rush – you want to remember everything!
- Council approval may be required for some locations.
- Have a large umbrella in the Wedding car in case of rain.
- Always have a back-up location in case of bad weather.
- Consider having chairs for older guests.
- Remember to breathe…relax…and above all….have fun.